How we give back
ELT-Consultants was founded in 2010, any projects or events listed before that year were delivered by individual Directors or Associates (please refer to individual CV).
- ELT-Consultants sponsored IATEFL YLT Sig pre-conference (PCE) event at the annual IATEFL conference held in Liverpool.
- Elt-Consultants will sponsor a plenary speaker to the 2nd African Lake Zone English Language (ALZELC) Conference, 17&18th August, 2019 held at Makere University, Kampala, Uganda
- Elt-Consultants will sponsor t-shirts for the newly formed South Sudan English Language Teaching Association (SSELTA) attending the ALZELC conference
- Elt-Consultants will sponsor speaker to the IATEFL Peru and British Council, Peru event held in Arequipa and Lima, Peru. September 2019
2019 Volunteer work whilst on TESOL FRANCE
- Assistant regional co-ordinator for SW France
2013 to 2019 Volunteer work whilst on British Council ELTon's
- Judging on the British Council ELTon's (English Language Teaching) awards
- ELT-Consultants sponsored four speakers to attend AfricaTESOL in Senegal for their first IATEFL YLT Sig and GI Sig pre-conference event (PCE). The sponsorship was to support YLT Sig.
- ELT-Consultants sponsored IATEFL YLT Sig pre-conference (PCE) event at the annual IATEFL conference held in Glasgow.
- ELT-Consultants has been supporting Dar Moustaqbel since January 2017 with English classes for its 55 girls. Opened in Marrakech in September 2016, Dar Moustaqbel has become a safe haven to girls from the southern Atlas Mountains in Morocco. A place where disadvantaged girls can prosper while pursuing higher education, Dar Moustaqbel means ‘The House of the Future’, and provides girls the building blocks they need for successful integration into the workforce. Due to the inadequacies of state schools, girls often lack the basic knowledge they need for a successful entry in higher education. Dar Moustaqbel does its utmost best to help the girls catch up. Education, discipline and personal development are at the centre of attention. Apart from language classes, the girls are provided with tutors teaching subjects like statistics and bookkeeping. Activities program features a computer skills course, yoga, cycling, encounters with ground-breaking scientists and inspiring mentors, and a program on entrepreneurship of opportunities. Living at Dar Moustaqbel enables young disadvantaged girls to fully focus on their tertiary studies. Instead of the village life of marriage and motherhood, they choose to use their talents to study, graduate and get a good job. Marriage and motherhood will come later. This way they can build another future for themselves and their families. ELT-Consultants is honoured to be able to be part of this innovative programme. Dar Moustaqbel is an NGO registered in the Netherlands and Morocco: www.moustaqbel.org
2010 Volunteer work whilst on IATEFL YLT Sig committee
- NAFLE (National Association of Foreign Language Education), China, IATEFL YLT Sig and the British Council: collaboration to take an international conference as a roadshow from Beijing to Wuhan and Chongqing. 2010
- CAMELTA (Cameroonian English Language Teachers Association) 9th Annual conference Achieving Quality ELT in Difficult Circumstances: Experiences and Successes of Teachers in Practice.Yaounde Plenary ‘Teaching unplugged’ sponsored by British Council, representing IATEFL YLT Sig: 16-21 August 2010
2009 Volunteer work whilst on IATEFL YLT Sig committee
- Collaboration with IATEFL YLT Sig, the British Council and NAFLE (National Association of Foreign Language Education, China) - collaboration to take an international conference as a roadshow from Beijing to Guangzhou, China and onto South Korea KOTESOL
2008 Volunteer work self-funded
CAMELTA (Cameroonian English Language Teachers Association)Teacher trainer: teaching primary teachers in low resourced contexts, Cameroon (Yaounde, Bafia, Buea, Bamenda, Douala): 2008
2008 Volunteer work whilst on IATEFL YLT Sig committee
- Collaboration with IATEFL YLT Sig, the British Council and NAFLE (National Association of Foreign Language Education, China): conference Beijing, China, South Korea KOTESOL and Malaysia
2007 Volunteer work whilst on IATEFL YLT Sig committee
- British Council, IATEFL YLT Sig, Conference: The Way Forward, Bangalore, India 2007. Presentations by Ministry of Education and researchers from 17 countries on the implementation of English in their contexts
- British Council, IATEFL YLT Sig, FLTRP: conference in Beijing, China
2006 Volunteer work whilst on IATEFL YLT Sig committee
- British Council, IATEFL YLT Sig Gulf roadshow: Young Learner conference Bahrain, Dubai, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Yemen
- British Council, IATEFL YLT Sig: Young Learner conference in Ramallah, Palestine
- British Council, IATEFL YLT Sig: Young Learner conference, Hong Kong and Singapore